One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An aircraft used for extinguishing forest fires by dropping water.
- ‘We've also requested three CL - 415's from Ontario - those are the big yellow water bombers - and those should be arriving as well.’
- ‘In fact, at one point, everyone, including me, was gathered in the firm's common area just watching the water bombers with our jaws dropped.’
- ‘Forest services were attacking the blaze with helicopters and water bombers.’
- ‘Hot north-east winds gusting up to 75 kph resulted in erratic fire behaviour and two water bombers were bought in to reinforce suppression resources.’
- ‘About 3,000 firefighters backed by water bombers were battling flames across New South Wales, the country's most populous state, while an estimated 45 wildfires burned out of control.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.