One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be careful about what one says.
- ‘You'll learn to watch your mouth when talking to me.’
- ‘I was the one who made sure that he watched his mouth in interviews.’
- ‘Please watch your mouth around here, young lady.’
- ‘I should also warn you to watch your mouth around him.’
- ‘I'd watch your mouth if I were you.’
- ‘I know damn well what I'm saying, and no way in hell am I watching my mouth.’
- ‘‘Todd Alexander, watch your mouth in front of your mother,’ Rob snapped.’
- ‘You should watch your mouth when there is a lady present.’
- ‘After warning him to watch his mouth once again he walked off with his dogs.’
- ‘In the locker-room, too, he will have to watch his mouth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.