One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A close-fitting knitted cap of a kind worn by members of the US Navy in cold weather.
- ‘Their faces were smeared in grease paint and watch caps covered their hair.’
- ‘I pull it down low over the eyebrows, like a watch cap.’
- ‘His shaggy brown hair spilled out from below his white watch cap.’
- ‘In the Gulf, I had taken out the watch cap and the hand-warmers, and I hadn't bothered to put them back into my survival vest.’
- ‘On my first walk across the yard, accompanied by a guard, I was surprised at how normal, even fashionable, the men's blue and orange jackets, pants and watch caps seemed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.