One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Back in the 17th Century, some hardcore wassailers would get their bowl topped up with more alcohol at each house they visited, with often messy results.’
- ‘The wassailers customarily carried bowls of the hot drink, wassail, and offered sips to prospective donors.’
- ‘The room where the wassailers will assemble needs to have greenery as decoration.’
- ‘They are usually sanitized and sentimentalized versions of the often rowdy, disruptive, and inebriated wassailers who wandered from house to house in the holiday season, singing, being fed, and sometimes threatening mischief.’
- ‘The champagne was flowing, the wassailers were singing, and the cookie decorating station was going full force.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.