One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of decorative colored adhesive tape.‘dress up those plain yellow pencils with patterned washi tape’‘washi tape can be taped on the sides of a picture frame for a quick, inexpensive update’
- ‘Bright washi tape adds a pop of pattern to this adorable planter.’
- ‘You can use silvery washi tape where the colors meet to provide a subtle contrast.’
- ‘Add vinyl adhesives or washi tape to your lipstick case.’
- ‘Decorate sunglasses with washi tape or duct tape in various patterns and colours.’
- ‘If there is an urgent project, you can always mark it with pink or red washi tape and mark more casual events in lighter tones.’
- ‘Look at this the collection of washi tapes, which goes for between $4 and $10 a roll, and get your imagination rolling.’
- ‘Even DIY beginners can make a washi tape smartphone case for their holiday gift list.’
- ‘Wrap washi tape edges over and tuck inside for a more secure hold.’
- ‘These washi tape Christmas tree cards are no-mess and produce stunning results.’
- ‘Washi tape is also useful for decoration in the garden.’
- ‘If you haven't yet delved into the world of washi tape, prepare to have your mind blown.’
Early 21st century: with reference to washi, a type of Japanese paper.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.