Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A washing machine with a built-in tumble-dryer.
- ‘I'm sure the office would be much improved if we could swap our free drink machine for a kettle and find somewhere we could install a washer-dryer.’
- ‘There is a built-in stainless steel oven, gas hob and extractor fan as well as an integrated dishwasher and washer-dryer.’
- ‘And my washer-dryer isn't working too well either.’
- ‘The kitchens and bathrooms are floored with ceramic tiling, cherrywood fitted wardrobes are fitted in each bedroom, and there are storage rooms with washer-dryers already installed.’
- ‘The country kitchens have pine units, slated flooring and are fitted with washer-dryer, fridge, dishwasher and a cooker.’
- ‘The kitchen comes with a fridge/freezer, dishwasher, stainless steel oven and hob, and a washer-dryer.’
- ‘All of the units in the Auburn development will include German fitted kitchens with black granite worktops, a stainless steel oven and hob, microwave oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and washer-dryer.’
- ‘The kitchens will come with a range of integrated appliances including a stainless steel cooker with ceramic hob and stainless steel surround, fridge-freezer, washer-dryer and dishwasher.’
- ‘Included in the sale are an integrated oven, four-ring gas hob, extractor fan, freezer and washer-dryer.’
- ‘The 35-year-old Londoner says he intends to buy his mother a new washer-dryer with part of the prize money.’
- ‘The open plan kitchens are an extension of the living space and all contain a stainless steel oven and hob, extractor, fridge-freezer, washer-dryer and microwave.’
- ‘The fitted kitchen includes an oven, hob, extractor, dishwasher, fridge-freezer and washer-dryer, while the bedroom has access to a balcony.’
- ‘All units come with a cooker, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and washer-dryer as standard.’
- ‘A washer-dryer, dishwasher, fridge-freezer and oven/hob are included.’
- ‘Standard features in all units include fitted kitchen units and integrated appliances including fan-assisted ovens, hobs and extractor fans, fridges, dishwashers and washer-dryers.’
- ‘All units will include either balconies or terraces, while the kitchens will be individually designed and will include recessed spotlighting and integrated appliances including an oven, hob, fridge-freezer and washer-dryer.’
- ‘The kitchen units and the mosaic tiled splashback are grey and there is a range of integrated appliances including a fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washer-dryer.’
- ‘A dishwasher and washer-dryer are also included.’
- ‘Included in the purchase price are integrated kitchen appliances including a cooker, dishwasher and washer-dryer.’
- ‘The £110,000 vehicle sleeps six people and is fully air-conditioned, with a washer-dryer, satellite TV and central heating.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.