One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Toads can be distinguished from frogs by their heavier build and brown, warty skin with females being larger than males.’
- ‘On physical examination, the vulvar lesion is usually raised and may be fleshy, ulcerated, leukoplakic, or warty in appearance.’
- ‘Some of my research on deep water species, this warty squid I mentioned, there was evidence that they'd eaten over 100 fish in a single meal, deep water latern fish, mictophids.’
- ‘The rough, warty skin conceals a fruit of such exquisite sweetness and sensuality that eating and handling one should be X-rated.’
- ‘He was referred to our service with warty skin nodules on his left foot and leg for about 18 months now.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.