One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An officer in the US armed forces ranking below the commissioned officers and above the noncommissioned officers.
- ‘Mr. Hokrein is a retired warrant officer with more than 26 years of extensive experience in tactical networks/switching management as well as communications security.’
- ‘Anderson later served as a warrant officer and commissioned officer in the Army Reserve.’
- ‘Bob, an army warrant officer, agreed to have his sperm frozen when he was diagnosed with a brain tumour.’
- ‘His staff officers were white except for a black warrant officer, the assistant regimental adjutant.’
- ‘‘It is the duty of every officer, warrant officer and NCO to lead by example and to set the highest standards of behaviour,’ he said.’
- ‘In some career management fields, a master gunner's role would be equivalent to a warrant officer.’
- ‘According to the study, almost three-quarters of those committing suicide are soldiers or sergeants, one in ten is a warrant officer, and about 15% are officers.’
- ‘Lessons have different levels of difficulty to reflect the roles of either a sergeant or a warrant officer.’
- ‘Section 4 of the Act delineates the powers sanctioned to any commissioned officer, warrant officer, non-commissioned officer, in a disturbed area.’
- ‘A final piece of advice: have a senior warrant officer in your career field review your file to ensure that it is board-ready.’
- ‘Also included is information on the prerequisites needed to become a warrant officer, along with an application packet for any warrant officer candidates a current warrant officer comes in contact with.’
- ‘He is the only warrant officer to date to ever be awarded both of these awards.’
- ‘Each warrant officer must view the Army's changing environment not from an individual ‘foxhole’ or particular specialty, but in its totality.’
- ‘The occasion also was notable for strengthening the Air Force family, with the sons of one serving officer and one former warrant officer among the graduates.’
- ‘Bucca also was a 29-year veteran of the military and held the rank of warrant officer in the U.S. Army Reserve.’
- ‘The warrant officer used a spare boat to recover the sweep in the darkness, battling against a six knot tidal stream in waters not yet cleared of mines.’
- ‘Introduced in 1917 and designated by the Royal Coat-of-Arms, WO1 was established as a second warrant officer rank.’
- ‘We are seeing new second lieutenants and warrant officer ones with significant recent experience as non-commissioned officers.’
- ‘All officers, from warrant officer 1 to lieutenant general, should use the form.’
- ‘The relationship among the four Army cohorts (officer, noncommissioned officer, warrant officer, and civilian) should be improved.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.