One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An officer in the US armed forces ranking below the commissioned officers and above the noncommissioned officers.
- ‘According to the study, almost three-quarters of those committing suicide are soldiers or sergeants, one in ten is a warrant officer, and about 15% are officers.’
- ‘His staff officers were white except for a black warrant officer, the assistant regimental adjutant.’
- ‘All officers, from warrant officer 1 to lieutenant general, should use the form.’
- ‘In some career management fields, a master gunner's role would be equivalent to a warrant officer.’
- ‘Bucca also was a 29-year veteran of the military and held the rank of warrant officer in the U.S. Army Reserve.’
- ‘He is the only warrant officer to date to ever be awarded both of these awards.’
- ‘Bob, an army warrant officer, agreed to have his sperm frozen when he was diagnosed with a brain tumour.’
- ‘Section 4 of the Act delineates the powers sanctioned to any commissioned officer, warrant officer, non-commissioned officer, in a disturbed area.’
- ‘The warrant officer used a spare boat to recover the sweep in the darkness, battling against a six knot tidal stream in waters not yet cleared of mines.’
- ‘Introduced in 1917 and designated by the Royal Coat-of-Arms, WO1 was established as a second warrant officer rank.’
- ‘‘It is the duty of every officer, warrant officer and NCO to lead by example and to set the highest standards of behaviour,’ he said.’
- ‘The relationship among the four Army cohorts (officer, noncommissioned officer, warrant officer, and civilian) should be improved.’
- ‘Also included is information on the prerequisites needed to become a warrant officer, along with an application packet for any warrant officer candidates a current warrant officer comes in contact with.’
- ‘Mr. Hokrein is a retired warrant officer with more than 26 years of extensive experience in tactical networks/switching management as well as communications security.’
- ‘The occasion also was notable for strengthening the Air Force family, with the sons of one serving officer and one former warrant officer among the graduates.’
- ‘Lessons have different levels of difficulty to reflect the roles of either a sergeant or a warrant officer.’
- ‘Each warrant officer must view the Army's changing environment not from an individual ‘foxhole’ or particular specialty, but in its totality.’
- ‘We are seeing new second lieutenants and warrant officer ones with significant recent experience as non-commissioned officers.’
- ‘A final piece of advice: have a senior warrant officer in your career field review your file to ensure that it is board-ready.’
- ‘Anderson later served as a warrant officer and commissioned officer in the Army Reserve.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.