One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An extremely high speed.‘these exciting developments are moving ahead at warp speed’
- ‘Growth can go at warp speed in every domain of life.’
- ‘He had that thing going at warp speed.’
- ‘They have sped up to warp speed.’
- ‘And so as life moves at warp speed, so does our craft.’
- ‘News travels at warp speed in the new economy.’
- ‘Achieving warp speed, it turns out, is a spectacularly simple idea.’
- ‘Just before twelve I hopped into the shower and suddenly the pace of the day accelerated to warp speed.’
- ‘Tony was changing at warp speed, too.’
- ‘Good news travels fast, bad news travels faster, and embarrassing news travels at warp speed.’
- ‘In Dallas, they keep changing the mix at warp speed.’
- ‘He has rebuilt programs at warp speed at every previous stop.’
- ‘Its benefits included intergalactic space travel at warp speed.’
- ‘Covered entities were supposed to start moving ahead at warp speed.’
- ‘The public relations campaign continues today at warp speed.’
- ‘In spite of moving at warp speed, Isaacs has it under control.’
- ‘Shareholders are anxious to see the stock recover; employees want morale to improve at warp speed.’
- ‘Her creativity keeps her moving at warp speed.’
- ‘I think it is safe to say that my second term in office is already moving at warp speed!’
- ‘Information is, quite literally, at their fingertips and decisions are being made at warp speed.’
- ‘Still, to move from parody to icon at such warp speed is stunning.’
1970s: popularized by the US television series Star Trek (originally referring to a faster-than-light speed attained by a spaceship traveling in a space warp).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.