One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A grassless strip around the outside of the outfield grass that warns fielders that they are approaching the outfield wall.
- ‘Mariners general manager Pat Gillick points out that the union raises safety concerns about outfield fences and warning tracks, yet refuses to confront darker questions.’
- ‘Derek Lee nearly took Pettitte out of the yard on the next at-bat, but Rivera ran down the ball at the warning track to end the inning.’
- ‘Mabry, who plays first base, third base and outfield, first checks out the outfield fences and warning tracks in each stadium, then has a coach hit balls into the corner to see how they carom.’
- ‘The Warriors were unlucky with the long ball during games, as more than one deep drive by the Warriors was snagged by Brock fielders on the warning track.’
- ‘Chris instructs us to head down the foul line to the notch where the warning track inside the field of play ends.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.