One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Recover from strenuous physical exertion by doing gentle stretches and exercises.
- ‘He finished the challenge with a 25-length warm down.’
- ‘The Knights are booked in for a post-match swim tonight to help them warm down, then they will have a light training session on Sunday morning ahead of Monday's game.’
- ‘Everyone was warming down and slowly disappearing into the change rooms.’
- ‘I thought it was a better way to warm down than to run on my own.’
- ‘You can warm down physically by walking around or doing lighter (using less energy) exercises.’
- ‘To warm down you have to wait until you loose the pump of your last exercise.’
- ‘‘It was nice to beat Michael, even though he was only warming down after his freestyle race,’ Parry said.’
- ‘An adequate warm up, the selection of safe exercises and movement patterns, regular monitoring of body alignment and exercise intensity, and an appropriate warm down are important.’
- ‘That fourth goal earned Walsall a point at home to Stoke last Saturday and after the game Brian Beard spoke to Paul as he was warming down.’
- ‘Basically adequate warm up, warm down, stretching, correct training, good diet and when possible, correcting bio mechanical problems are the best buffers against injuries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.