One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The explosive head of a missile, torpedo, or similar weapon.
- ‘All nuclear warheads that were deployed in Ukraine were dismantled by Russia.’
- ‘The high explosive fragmentation warhead is fitted with an active laser proximity fuse.’
- ‘Yesterday, the Pentagon claimed success for its missile shield, after an interceptor missile hit a dummy warhead over the Pacific.’
- ‘One of the most urgent tasks facing Japan is to prevent North Korea from putting nuclear warheads on Rodong missiles.’
- ‘On explosion, the warhead produces a great fragmentation effect and shock wave.’
- ‘These missile warheads are supposed to go off in the air if a target is not found, but this doesn't always work.’
- ‘The missile warhead incorporates a dynamically compensated shaped and copper lined charge.’
- ‘The Ghaznavi missile is capable of delivering nuclear warheads against most Indian cities.’
- ‘And to be confident in their use, you would need to have tested both the warhead and the missile itself.’
- ‘The missile uses a tandem warhead, which can defeat modern armor and reactive panels.’
- ‘Dagen dismissed Iran's claims that it had no plans to equip its missiles with atomic warheads.’
- ‘This is kind of hard to prove, but weapons capable of delivering warheads 113 miles is pretty scary.’
- ‘All the units are very configurable, from power plants down to missile warheads.’
- ‘And let's keep in mind the ultimate weapon of a terrorist is a nuclear warhead on a missile.’
- ‘I don't believe that they could put a warhead on a missile that could reach the continental United States.’
- ‘A careful review of low-yield and neutron bomb warheads would be most timely.’
- ‘The US has over 10,000 nuclear warheads and more nuclear weapons than the rest of the world combined.’
- ‘Last month Pakistan tested ballistic missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads deep into India.’
- ‘The U.S. is also considering arming these missiles with nuclear warheads.’
- ‘Lee sought to calm the public by saying the Chinese missiles only carried dummy warheads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.