Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An instance of a person accidentally exposing an intimate part of their body as a result of an article of clothing slipping out of position.
- ‘Then there's her infamous ' wardrobe malfunction ' at the Super Bowl half-time ceremony.’
- ‘One daughter is a star prone to wardrobe malfunctions, caught on lots of cameras.’
- ‘I guess we'll know whom to question if another big sporting event is plagued by a wardrobe malfunction.’
- ‘Remember during the famous areola flash of Janet Jackson, the wardrobe malfunction?’
- ‘Melissa Gilbert also has what is now referred to as a "wardrobe malfunction," but I doubt any teenage boys would be interested.’
- ‘A media incident crosses a new line - wardrobe malfunction, real-life copycat incident, desperate housewife.’
- ‘Myth has it that the flesh-baring aspect of burlesque really took off when a female performer suffered a Janet Jackson-style wardrobe malfunction, snapped a strap and exposed a bare shoulder.’
- ‘A double-barreled wardrobe malfunction by an enthusiastic Holly Gagnier.’
- ‘More people replayed Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" during the Super Bowl than any other event in television history.’
- ‘McCartney promised that he would not be suffering a "wardrobe malfunction" this year, mainly because he said he plans to do the concert naked.’
- ‘In the wake of Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction," the FCC received 500,000 complaints.’
- ‘The spur was the "wardrobe malfunction" that exposed Janet Jackson's right breast during the Superbowl half-time show.’
- ‘Congress has held hearings on Howard Stern and "wardrobe malfunctions" at the Superbowl.’
- ‘Luckily, there were no wardrobe malfunctions to speak of.’
- ‘An excited Brad Pitt made the ultimate wardrobe malfunction after stepping out onto the red carpet with his flies undone.’
- ‘Oh and yes, there was a wardrobe malfunction.’
- ‘The anticipation of another wardrobe malfunction must have been the only thing keeping the interest of the press.’
- ‘I was just hoping for no wardrobe malfunction if you know what I'm saying.’
- ‘Also ahead tonight, the justices and Janet Jackson the Supreme Court actually weighing in on remember that wardrobe malfunction?’
- ‘What does get me about the Superbowl halftime show is CBS insisting it was an accident, calling it a "wardrobe malfunction."’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.