One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instance of a person accidentally exposing an intimate part of their body as a result of an article of clothing slipping out of position.
- ‘An excited Brad Pitt made the ultimate wardrobe malfunction after stepping out onto the red carpet with his flies undone.’
- ‘Melissa Gilbert also has what is now referred to as a "wardrobe malfunction," but I doubt any teenage boys would be interested.’
- ‘Myth has it that the flesh-baring aspect of burlesque really took off when a female performer suffered a Janet Jackson-style wardrobe malfunction, snapped a strap and exposed a bare shoulder.’
- ‘Oh and yes, there was a wardrobe malfunction.’
- ‘A media incident crosses a new line - wardrobe malfunction, real-life copycat incident, desperate housewife.’
- ‘More people replayed Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" during the Super Bowl than any other event in television history.’
- ‘A double-barreled wardrobe malfunction by an enthusiastic Holly Gagnier.’
- ‘Also ahead tonight, the justices and Janet Jackson the Supreme Court actually weighing in on remember that wardrobe malfunction?’
- ‘Luckily, there were no wardrobe malfunctions to speak of.’
- ‘Then there's her infamous ' wardrobe malfunction ' at the Super Bowl half-time ceremony.’
- ‘The spur was the "wardrobe malfunction" that exposed Janet Jackson's right breast during the Superbowl half-time show.’
- ‘In the wake of Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction," the FCC received 500,000 complaints.’
- ‘Congress has held hearings on Howard Stern and "wardrobe malfunctions" at the Superbowl.’
- ‘The anticipation of another wardrobe malfunction must have been the only thing keeping the interest of the press.’
- ‘What does get me about the Superbowl halftime show is CBS insisting it was an accident, calling it a "wardrobe malfunction."’
- ‘Remember during the famous areola flash of Janet Jackson, the wardrobe malfunction?’
- ‘McCartney promised that he would not be suffering a "wardrobe malfunction" this year, mainly because he said he plans to do the concert naked.’
- ‘I was just hoping for no wardrobe malfunction if you know what I'm saying.’
- ‘I guess we'll know whom to question if another big sporting event is plagued by a wardrobe malfunction.’
- ‘One daughter is a star prone to wardrobe malfunctions, caught on lots of cameras.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.