Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A weblog dealing with a war, or written by an active participant in or witness to warfare.
- ‘‘One thing that is rocket hot is the rise of the warblogs,’ Dyer said.’
- ‘The word "logistan" might refer specifically to the opinionated political weblogs known as warblogs.’
- ‘Out of the ‘10 most recently published blogs’ on blogger.com right now, none are tech blogs or warblogs.’
- ‘Jeff Jarvis takes another navel gaze at the warblogs, and comes up with some fine lint.’
- ‘I was having a rant about extremists, having found my first warblog.’
- ‘If the warblogs are a frontline, let's at least be honest - we're not even a tertiary front.’
- ‘I'm getting so many new links from so many places, and I think people often expect a warblog, or at least a blogblog.’
- ‘Andrew Steven has an interesting summary of Mr. Gilligan's postings on the BBC warblog.’
- ‘Partly political humor, it was part warblog, part news and blog links, part geopolitics, and part bellowing rant.’
- ‘Andrew Sullivan and Roger Simon believes these were conscious attacks on warblogs.’
- ‘From warblogs to personal diaries, genre comes out of story, out of content, and is not imposed upon it by form or format.’
- ‘The problem is that he's not actually saying anything, just repeating things that he's heard on various warblogs and hoping that everyone will just see the truth therein.’
- ‘There were other warblogs, ranging from BBC correspondents, American supporters of the war, and soldiers.’
- ‘But the warblogs are a lot like my recollections of sitting with friends in the common room in college and reading the LA Times.’
- ‘I read a lot of warblogs and I have not seen even one statement that was remotely accurate.’
- ‘Kelley's Agonist is only one of many warblogs that suck in reports from around the world and give a constantly updated log of the conflict's arc.’
- ‘On March 21, after an absence of a few days, Sites posted a message titled ‘Pausing the warblog, for now’ in which he informed his audience, ‘I've been asked to suspend my war blogging for awhile.’’
- ‘The BBC's Reporters' Log, a kind of centralised, official Beeb warblog, which was very useful as a resource and an interesting sign of the relevance of a blog-style approach, has now been closed.’
- ‘We discussed warblogging as the latest Internet phenomenon.’
- ‘There is more to this sphere than just warblogs or newsblogs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.