One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A threatening situation of instability in international relations.‘the war clouds were looming’
- ‘While the inter-Korean contacts are turning into political stunts, the war clouds are thickening over the Korean Peninsula.’
- ‘As the war clouds over India and Pakistan begin to drift away, we can perhaps afford the luxury of turning our attention to less life-threatening issues.’
- ‘As war clouds gather in the hellish heat of summer, and the Kashmir tragedy continues to unfold, it is worth pondering the state of affairs we find ourselves in.’
- ‘Whenever war clouds hang over any part of the world, inter-religious prayers are conducted here by a committed group of Gandhians.’
- ‘What was going through your mind as you saw war clouds develop?’
- ‘The war clouds began moving away the past week, so we can breathe a little easily.’
- ‘Moreover, they gave the impression that they were not serious in making the yagna a success when there were war clouds on the borders with Pakistan.’
- ‘We had said war clouds were hovering, but sometimes lightning strikes even if the weather is clear.’
- ‘She had been born in Germany and was attending a German School in Prague when war clouds began to gather.’
- ‘It looks like just as monsoon clouds gather, the war clouds are dispersing.’
war clouds/ˈwôr ˌkloudz/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.