One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who travels aimlessly; a traveler.‘he is a longtime seaman, a rootless wanderer’
traveller, rambler, hiker, wayfarer, migrant, globetrotter, roamer, roverView synonyms
- ‘His only customers were Jason and Brian and an occasional traveler or wanderer.’
- ‘I have always been fascinated by nomads, because for most of our million years of human history, we were all nomads, wanderers on a pristine planet.’
- ‘From time immemorial our human race has been called a race of wanderers and wayfarers, a restless people forever setting forth in pursuit of a better life.’
- ‘But I came from a clan of travelers, mountaineers and wanderers, and the idea of escape occurred naturally to me.’
- ‘These wanderers still travel to the ruins of the old house and try to start up the old hearth fire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.