Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A game played on a four-walled court with rules similar to volleyball, and with a ball the same size as but harder than a volleyball. The ball is allowed to bounce once against the ceiling or one of the walls before being returned over the net.
- ‘Canadian Wallyball has the largest selection of wallyballs in Canada, from recreational to the top pro competition balls.’
- ‘The eye bolt attaches to threaded stem for easy wallyball net attachment.’
- ‘As a member you can visit the Equipment Center to check out items such as racquets, wallyballs, nets, and much more.’
- ‘Fewer teams competed this year than in the past because interest in wallyball is waning, he said.’
- ‘San Diego has one of the largest year round wallyball programs in the world.’
- ‘I couldn't win at a game of wallyball even if my competition consisted entirely of mannequins clad in movement restricting plate mail armor.’
- ‘The shop sells, along with their 10 varieties of badminton shuttlecocks, 3 brands of croquet sets, wallyballs, bocce sets, squash balls, fitness balls, toy balls and much more.’
- ‘The game of wallyball is fast paced and fun for everyone.’
- ‘Three times a week they get together to play ‘wallyball’ - volleyball played on a racquetball court.’
- ‘If you have a wallyball related site and would like to become a member of this web ring, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.’
- ‘All enrolled students are eligible to use the recreational facilities and equipment, which includes indoor soccer balls, badminton, racquetball, basketballs, volleyballs and wallyballs.’
- ‘Steve and Lori Ellsworth like to come to San Diego to play in our wallyball tournaments.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.