One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game played on a four-walled court with rules similar to volleyball, and with a ball the same size as but harder than a volleyball. The ball is allowed to bounce once against the ceiling or one of the walls before being returned over the net.
- ‘Fewer teams competed this year than in the past because interest in wallyball is waning, he said.’
- ‘Steve and Lori Ellsworth like to come to San Diego to play in our wallyball tournaments.’
- ‘The game of wallyball is fast paced and fun for everyone.’
- ‘Canadian Wallyball has the largest selection of wallyballs in Canada, from recreational to the top pro competition balls.’
- ‘All enrolled students are eligible to use the recreational facilities and equipment, which includes indoor soccer balls, badminton, racquetball, basketballs, volleyballs and wallyballs.’
- ‘The shop sells, along with their 10 varieties of badminton shuttlecocks, 3 brands of croquet sets, wallyballs, bocce sets, squash balls, fitness balls, toy balls and much more.’
- ‘I couldn't win at a game of wallyball even if my competition consisted entirely of mannequins clad in movement restricting plate mail armor.’
- ‘Three times a week they get together to play ‘wallyball’ - volleyball played on a racquetball court.’
- ‘If you have a wallyball related site and would like to become a member of this web ring, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.’
- ‘The eye bolt attaches to threaded stem for easy wallyball net attachment.’
- ‘As a member you can visit the Equipment Center to check out items such as racquets, wallyballs, nets, and much more.’
- ‘San Diego has one of the largest year round wallyball programs in the world.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.