One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Eurasian songbird related to the nuthatches, having mainly gray plumage with broad bright red wings, and living among rocks in mountainous country.
Tichodroma muraria, family Sittidae (or Tichodromadidae)
- ‘While climbing, wallcreepers flap their wings, showing brief glimpses of a red band of feathers; this coloring is intensified in males during mating season.’
- ‘If it's not sensitive information could anyone please tell me where to find wallcreeper at any site in the Pyrenees?’
- ‘We have found a pair of nesting wallcreepers not far from the village and easily reached on foot, The birds are at this site until mid-July.’
- ‘In stark contrast to my failure with umbrellabirds was our success and satisfaction of our session with my most-wanted Eurasian bird, the wallcreeper.’
- ‘Clarke then left on a bird-watching holiday among the Mecklenburg lakes in northern Germany in search, according to aides, of the rock partridge, wallcreeper, middle spotted woodpecker and elusive penduline tit.’
- ‘The Tichodrominae (wallcreepers) belong to the Sittidae (Nuthatches and allies), along with the Sittinae (nuthatches).’
- ‘You may also see some of Zagori's eight species of woodpecker, as well as wallcreepers, dippers, rock thrush, golden oriole, snow finch.’
- ‘This site held two wintering wallcreepers but on the two occasions I visited we did not find them.’
- ‘We stop in the gorge for a half an hour to see the wallcreepers again.’
- ‘The birds in the mountains and forests might include ring ouzels, alpine accentors, wallcreepers, nutcrackers, and we will find alpine flowers and butterflies.’
- ‘Wallcreepers, which can often be encountered on the main track up towards Cabaña Verónica in April and May, while hard winters find them in the depths of the gorges.’
- ‘Extremely quiet on the way up, but at the top saw a fine male wallcreeper on the crags to your right as you walk up, best viewed by walking as far right as you can go along the radio mast fence.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.