One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of furniture having various sections and compartments, designed to stand against a wall.
- ‘It also leads into the kitchen, which has been fitted with an extensive range of floor and wall units as well as display cabinets.’
- ‘He's sitting on the couch in the living room of his house in Toledo, Ohio, punching the buttons on the remote control of his TV, which is set in a 1970s-style wall unit.’
- ‘We'll show you how to draw a custom kitchen layout, build the cabinet bases and wall units, assemble the drawers, and choose the hardware.’
- ‘If you're looking to make changes, like building a wall unit in your living room and laying down wood panels rather than carpeting, then a decorator is your guy.’
- ‘Changing the handles on your drawers, such as those in your kitchen or on a wall unit, desk or bedroom dressers, can give any room a dose of class.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.