One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of furniture having various sections and compartments, designed to stand against a wall.
- ‘He's sitting on the couch in the living room of his house in Toledo, Ohio, punching the buttons on the remote control of his TV, which is set in a 1970s-style wall unit.’
- ‘Changing the handles on your drawers, such as those in your kitchen or on a wall unit, desk or bedroom dressers, can give any room a dose of class.’
- ‘If you're looking to make changes, like building a wall unit in your living room and laying down wood panels rather than carpeting, then a decorator is your guy.’
- ‘We'll show you how to draw a custom kitchen layout, build the cabinet bases and wall units, assemble the drawers, and choose the hardware.’
- ‘It also leads into the kitchen, which has been fitted with an extensive range of floor and wall units as well as display cabinets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.