Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Material such as wallpaper or textured fabric used as a decorative covering for interior walls.
wallpaper, wallcoveringView synonyms
- ‘The wallcovering is particularly useful where a smooth surface is desired for aesthetic reason and where high moisture permeability is also desired.’
- ‘Textile wallcoverings are decorative and require care in cleaning.’
- ‘Consult the manufacturer for additional instructions if wallcoverings are to be hung over a specialty surface such as wood paneling or textured walls.’
- ‘These wallcoverings are more practical for rooms that get lots of use.’
- ‘The dining room is panelled to chest height and has an intricate, golden fabric wallcovering above.’
- ‘Country is still a big theme in decorating, but wallcovering has taken it into a variety of global directions.’
- ‘The new business offers an exclusive range of designer fabrics, wallcoverings and soft furnishings including names such as Malabar, Crowson, Nono, Anna French and Sanderson.’
- ‘Although the popularity of wallpaper has waned somewhat over the last few years, designers and home owners are now rediscovering the appeal of decorative wallcoverings.’
- ‘Both ranges include wallcoverings, borders, curtains and accessories with prices starting at £19.99 for a single duvet set.’
- ‘Installation of the door requires that a hole be cut through the siding on the outside, and through the drywall or other interior wallcovering on the inside.’
- ‘Cut a strip of wallcovering to size for the center of the panel.’
- ‘But be sure to check with your dealer for special considerations with your chosen wallcovering.’
- ‘Mold degrades the drywall and adhesive behind the vinyl wallcovering.’
- ‘On all wallcovering, except some textures and murals, there is what is called a pattern repeat.’
- ‘Also on the way out, according to Mr Woodbridge, are the co-ordinating wallcoverings with a different top and bottom divided by a border.’
- ‘Install all wallcovering under adequate lighting and evaluate for color uniformity.’
- ‘Minwax's water-based Latte stain on the banister and stairs complements other natural shades in the wallcoverings.’
- ‘You can use wallcoverings to create panels and borders to highlight pictures and mirrors.’
- ‘Some high end or specialty contract wallcoverings need special care for perfect installation.’
- ‘Some wallcoverings are thin enough to be semi-transparent and thus allow dark images caused by patching, etc. on the wall to show through.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.