Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for wall-mounted
- ‘The wall-hung rugs may be modernism pastiched as design, but the one on the floor is more like Joseph Beuys reworked as nursery nightmare.’
- ‘The wall-hung paintings acted as a backdrop for three sculptures placed in the center of the gallery.’
- ‘This price also includes two wall-hung mirrors, each with its own adjustable magnifying mirror to use when shaving or applying make-up, and techno-styled, chrome-plated faucets.’
- ‘There are two cheekier wall-hung picture puzzles - geometric jigsaws in which the pieces are gleaming blocks of paint.’
- ‘Corner and wall-hung units with reduced depth have ensured that bathroom furniture is accessible to all.’
- ‘The custom-made cabinetry provides storage space that the simple wall-hung sink in the original bathroom didn't afford.’
- ‘The latter is expressed, for example, in a piece featuring a large wall-hung Dutch flag like the kind soccer fans wave at football matches.’
- ‘Amrhein exploits both the physical and metaphoric transparency of glass and vellum paper in sculptural installations and large wall-hung pieces.’
- ‘What they'll find inside are Seaman's enormous, colorful sculptures - both freestanding and wall-hung - which are created using copper, brass, steel or aluminum.’
- ‘These also create extra wall space for a wall-hung basin and shelving.’
- ‘He builds box-shaped, wall-hung, plastic and aluminum constructions, usually comprising two connected parts.’
- ‘Radiators as wall-hung area heaters don't rely on the thermal mass of the floor to work well, and will not dictate whether you lay carpet or tiles.’
- ‘The loos, since you ask, come complete with splashbacks in Prada-green, wall-hung toilets and piped-in fragrance.’
- ‘Unapologetically decorative and crafty, these seven pieces suggest wall-hung, bejeweled baroque chandeliers.’
- ‘Three main types of washbasin are available: wall-hung, pedestal and vessel.’
- ‘The bedrooms are served by a family bathroom with a freestanding cast-iron bath and a wall-hung wash-hand basin, with the toilet located separately.’
- ‘Boilers can also be divided into floor-standing, wall-hung and back boilers.’
- ‘Make it easy for the kids to use the sink by installing a wall-hung model several inches lower than you would for an adult.’
- ‘There are lots of traditional, unthreatening bistro favorites to pick from on the wall-hung menu.’
- ‘These small wall-hung shelving units, both constructed and readymade, come in various finishes and a variety of minimalist designs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.