Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1another term for leaf insect
- ‘The walking leaves range from 20-330 millimeters long, and are green or brown in color.’
- ‘I saw a walking leaf on an episode of Dirty Jobs, and it was such an odd looking, striking insect that I just had to design one.’
- ‘Clonopsis gallica is an insect of the walking leaves family (Phylliidae).’
- ‘Male walking leaves often ride like that on females, and not for the reason that you think!’
2another term for walking fern
- ‘The walking leaf species is found mostly in shady areas on moist, mossy boulders and rock crevices often associated with limestone outcrops.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.