One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Encounter or become involved in through ignorance or carelessness.‘I had walked into a situation from which there was no escape’
- ‘At first he has everything under control but then the lovely Erica walks into his life.’
- ‘They are walking into a favourable demographic situation, and recognize the fact.’
- ‘No-one can walk into a situation and make things world class just like that - it takes time.’
- ‘He gets a ticket to scout film locations in Fiji, and walks into Rabuka's coup.’
- ‘There was no chance you could walk into the Hibs situation at that time and change it overnight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.