One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
contented, content, cheerful, cheery, merry, joyful, jovial, jolly, joking, jocular, gleeful, carefree, untroubled, delighted, smiling, beaming, grinning, glowing, satisfied, gratified, buoyant, radiant, sunny, blithe, joyous, beatific, blessedView synonyms
- ‘His dad told the Evening Press: ‘If you asked whether he was walking on air at the moment the answer would have to be yes!’’
- ‘And he is now walking on air because he feels like he's gotten the attention of everybody in this country and that's important to him.’
- ‘Sara smiled back and walked on air as she left the room.’
- ‘And all that day, and week and most of that year I felt I was walking on air, like the feeling you get when you're in love.’
- ‘Grant, who hails from Strensall, admitted he had been walking on air ever since he was told he was being called-up into the senior squad’
- ‘Kacey said: ‘I'm walking on air, I was so chuffed to receive the invitation and the kind words.’’
- ‘He felt like he was walking on air when his winning number was called and he was handed a pair of autographed boots by the great man himself.’
- ‘Showing off their repertoire of skills in Roundhay Park, the unassuming brothers admitted they were walking on air.’
- ‘Mr Ahmed said: ‘I felt like a celebrity and I am still walking on air from everything that happened.’’
- ‘But it wasn't anyone else, it was James and I was walking on air.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.