One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We dozed, never quite letting ourselves go, ready to jump into confused wakefulness, anticipating action of some kind.’
- ‘I do this in the night sometimes, in moments of partial wakefulness.’
- ‘Something intense is going on when we sleep; in fact, on an EEG trace it looks very similar to wakefulness.’
- ‘I staggered into wakefulness at 11:45 when Graham rang to say good night.’
- ‘I sort of half-slept last night, suspended in a weird state between wakefulness and dreaming, kept anchored in the world by the sound of the radio.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.