One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman who works from home in addition to caring for her child or children.‘I'm a WAHM who homeschools three kids’
- ‘She is a WAHM, webmaster, writer, reviewer.’
- ‘I created this site for wahms and others that want to work from home.’
- ‘Thus, I became a WAHM (work-at-home mom) and though the WAHM gig has been the most challenging thing I have ever done, it has been the most worth it.’
- ‘A lot of the women who make these products at mothers working at home, hence the common acronym WAHM (work at home mum) you often see on the sites.’
- ‘Being a WAHM can be fun and exciting but also overwhelming especially if you want to achieve prosperity.’
1990s: abbreviation of work-at-home mom or work-at-home mother.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.