One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And that combination of waggishness with laddishness which goes down well in Britain will benefit his reputation.’
- ‘He has become a wellspring for wisdom and waggishness for a broad range of diverse historical figures and colorful characters.’
- ‘M.C. Schmidt and Drew Daniel combine waggishness, an incredible knowledge of pop culture, and highbrow aesthetics in such a way that it never approaches what one would normally call pop music.’
- ‘He was tall and athletic, shrewd, apt, and intelligent, with a ‘little sprinkling’ of waggishness.’
- ‘Performances, unfailingly good, veer gingerly over the top but don't trade the characters' waggishness for their humanity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.