One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bullet designed to cut a neat hole in a paper range target.
- ‘While almost everyone thinks of the wadcutter as making nice, clean, easy-to-score, holes in targets, there's more.’
- ‘Most autoloader cartridges have a rounded bullet to lead them into the chamber, but the blunt end of the wadcutter places great demand on the alignment of the cartridge within the magazine.’
- ‘You can still buy factory loaded .38 Special wadcutters from the major makers, but it's a tiny trickle compared to ten years ago.’
- ‘The ammo was Crosman Copperhead 4.5mm wadcutters.’
- ‘The lumbering wadcutter bullet seemed to take forever to get out of the barrel and you really had to hold hard to get good scores.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.