One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for W particle
- ‘US particle physicists had never felt any real competition until the W boson was discovered at CERN in 1983.’
- ‘And on page 29 Peter Renton explains how the latest results on the W boson from CERN and FermiLab in the US are pushing the Standard Model to the limit.’
- ‘The W boson is the key to our understanding of the weak force, which in turn can tell us how stars, radioactivity and other nuclear processes work.’
- ‘It was 20 years ago this month that particle physicists caught their first glimpse of the W boson.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.