Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the vulva and vagina.
- ‘They studied the accuracy of self-diagnosis of vulvovaginitis in women who purchased nonprescription medications for this condition.’
- ‘Of 124 women seen, 40% had atrophic vulvovaginitis and 23% had thrush.’
- ‘Older girls and women may develop Candida vulvovaginitis, an infection of the vagina and the area around the vaginal opening.’
- ‘Unnecessary or inappropriate use of OTC antifungal agents can delay correct diagnosis and treatment of vulvovaginitis resulting from other causes.’
- ‘The widespread practice of imidazole prophylaxis in recurrent vulvovaginitis is not supported by evidence and should be questioned.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.