Inflammation of the vulva and vagina.
- ‘Of 124 women seen, 40% had atrophic vulvovaginitis and 23% had thrush.’
- ‘They studied the accuracy of self-diagnosis of vulvovaginitis in women who purchased nonprescription medications for this condition.’
- ‘The widespread practice of imidazole prophylaxis in recurrent vulvovaginitis is not supported by evidence and should be questioned.’
- ‘Older girls and women may develop Candida vulvovaginitis, an infection of the vagina and the area around the vaginal opening.’
- ‘Unnecessary or inappropriate use of OTC antifungal agents can delay correct diagnosis and treatment of vulvovaginitis resulting from other causes.’