Inflammation of the vulva.
- ‘In patients with severe discomfort secondary to vulvitis, the combination of a low-potency steroid cream and a topical antifungal cream may be beneficial.’
- ‘Women with vulvitis caused by vulvovaginal candidiasis may respond best to a combination of intravaginal and topical vulval therapy.’
- ‘Thereafter, T was seen on a number of occasions because of intermittent vulvitis (soreness of the genital area).’
- ‘According to Eclectic texts of the period, echinacea was recommended for over 50 listed illnesses, ranging from abscesses and appendicitis through urethral infection, vulvitis, wasp stings and wounds.’
- ‘Paromomycin must be used with caution because of its side effects, which include vulvitis and local ulceration.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.