One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fund which invests in companies or properties which are performing poorly and may therefore be undervalued.
- ‘Bottom feeders, the vulture funds, are an important part of the process in a recovery like this.’
- ‘They are caused by lack of demand and can mean big profits for vulture funds.’
- ‘The slowdown in the commercial property market in Ireland may lead to vulture funds looking to obtain short-term value in the Irish market.’
- ‘Vulture funds buy shares in investment trusts with wide discounts and force a vote that compels trusts to offer a cash exit to shareholders at close to net asset value.’
- ‘Such complacency, they argue, only encourages the vulture funds to target investment trusts with wide discounts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.