One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine for the automatic registering of votes.
- ‘Bombay has six constituencies equipped with electronic voting machines with anti-rigging safeguards.’
- ‘In Maryland, voters go to court to block the use of electronic voting machines.’
- ‘Mechanical voting machines were used until 1974, and then gradually electronic versions began to replace them.’
- ‘California's election officials have approved the use of electronic voting machines in 11 of the state's counties.’
- ‘One entire forum was devoted to the topic of potential for vote fraud through electronic voting machines.’
- ‘All he saw were votes transmitted by the voting machines.’
- ‘The voter sees the ballot paper on the voting machine screen, sees preference details, and upon casting their vote, sees that their vote has been stored.’
- ‘Protesters rallied in Washington pushing for a backup paper ballot system for electronic voting machines.’
- ‘She's the founder and driving force behind Black Box Voting, the woman who brought the electronic voting machine issue to the country.’
- ‘In Ireland, cartridges from voting machines in polling stations will be brought to the count centre before being read.’
- ‘Millions of Americans will vote in the November elections with e-voting machines.’
- ‘In California you don't have to vote using an electronic voting machine.’
- ‘Mr Cullen said a publicity campaign will be run in the four new constituencies before the referendum vote to inform voters on the operation of the voting machine.’
- ‘Voters are using electronic voting machines in all four states holding Democratic primaries today.’
- ‘There are also concerns that hackers could break into those voting machines and vote more than once.’
- ‘When they eventually reach the voting center, they are checked in and directed to one of the four voting machines to cast their votes.’
- ‘Problems with voting machines delayed election results and caused immeasurable heartache.’
- ‘Punch card voting machines failed to register a vote for president on an additional 5,000 ballots.’
- ‘For the first time, all Georgia voters are using touch-screen electronic voting machines.’
- ‘However, he thinks that electronic voting machines are far harder to tamper with than the paper ballots they replace.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.