One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- less common term for voluntarism (sense 1)
- ‘We have discovered anew that voluntaryism is of the essence of the Gospel.’
- ‘It seems to me that the left-anarchist is too ready to confuse voluntaryism with mainstream economics.’
- ‘Note the different methods used to fulfill the Great Commission and be alert for three important traditions which shape American Christianity: pluralism, voluntaryism, and lay participation.’
- ‘In churchmanship he moved in the early 1840s from less than wholehearted defence of civil establishments of religion to vehement voluntaryism and opposition to state aid to all churches.’
- ‘With voluntaryism and self-improvement went self-respect, a code of honesty and a sense of respectability.’
- ‘This means that moral actions on the personal level are determined by your values, while on the interpersonal level they are determined by respect of self-determination and voluntaryism.’
- ‘I said that voluntaryism is incomplete as the basis of a state.’
- ‘Others felt that given the lack of voluntaryism, an incentives approach would have been better.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.