One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The crime of killing another person unlawfully in circumstances that do not amount to murder (for example, without premeditation or as a result of mitigating circumstances such as diminished responsibility)‘he pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter’
- ‘Charged with voluntary manslaughter, he spent three weeks in jail.’
- ‘She was sentenced Tuesday in Los Angeles after pleading no contest to voluntary manslaughter.’
- ‘She was arrested Monday on suspicion of voluntary manslaughter and causing willful harm to a child.’
- ‘Marin County prosecutors filed a voluntary manslaughter charge in a Dillon Beach shooting after a second judge rejected a murder charge.’
- ‘He pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in an agreement with prosecutors last year.’
- ‘She pleaded guilty to one count of voluntary manslaughter in September.’
- ‘No charges have yet been brought but conviction for voluntary manslaughter carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison in Brazil.’
- ‘A registered sex offender with convictions for voluntary manslaughter, rape and kidnapping, he has been in custody since August.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.