One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Never from closer than 6 feet away, each one snaps his head forward and - powerfully and voluminously - spits into the courtyard, rounding off initial releases with two or three supplementaries.’
- ‘Impressed by the novelty of the sights they witnessed, reporters wrote voluminously about the merits of the corporation, and articles appeared in many widely circulated periodicals.’
- ‘The newspapers which so voluminously reported parliamentary and out-of-doors speeches provided cheap, swift dissemination of political information.’
- ‘He wrote voluminously on the subject and founded workshops to produce objects for domestic interiors.’
- ‘He wrote voluminously on philosophy, logic, education, economics, and politics, and throughout his life was the champion of advanced political and social causes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.