One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A security device that detects the movement of people or objects by sensing their shapes.
- ‘Many of our outdoor sensors can be classified into four groups: volumetric sensors, fence-mounted sensors, video motion detection sensors and barrier sensors.’
- ‘There are two main approaches to this challenge: volumetric sensors and video sensors.’
- ‘These approvals include the detection and false alarm performance of volumetric sensors.’
- ‘All is now set apart from the interior volumetric sensors.’
- ‘You need to use the locking switch on the remote control and press it twice instead of once to deactivate just the volumetric sensors.’
- ‘But leaving the volumetric sensors off is quite common - windows open, kids asleep in the car etc.’
- ‘For the purposes of this document, discrete sensors are classified as either being volumetric sensors ornonvolumetric sensors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.