One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A security device that detects the movement of people or objects by sensing their shapes.
- ‘Many of our outdoor sensors can be classified into four groups: volumetric sensors, fence-mounted sensors, video motion detection sensors and barrier sensors.’
- ‘There are two main approaches to this challenge: volumetric sensors and video sensors.’
- ‘You need to use the locking switch on the remote control and press it twice instead of once to deactivate just the volumetric sensors.’
- ‘But leaving the volumetric sensors off is quite common - windows open, kids asleep in the car etc.’
- ‘For the purposes of this document, discrete sensors are classified as either being volumetric sensors ornonvolumetric sensors.’
- ‘These approvals include the detection and false alarm performance of volumetric sensors.’
- ‘All is now set apart from the interior volumetric sensors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.