One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electromotive force or potential difference expressed in volts.
- ‘In this case, the power supply needs to supply a range of voltages at very low current, and often uses doubling and trebling techniques.’
- ‘The plasma screen consists of tiny gas plasma cells that are charged at exact electrical voltages to make a picture.’
- ‘Then measure the voltage and current by attaching your volt meter to the two pieces of metal.’
- ‘These devices need two external ceramic capacitors to produce stable, efficient positive voltages.’
- ‘Each can be configured from any of nine output modules, spanning voltages from 1.45 to 59V.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.