One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Volcanic activity or phenomena.
- ‘The scattered nature of the outcrop and the possibility of diachronous volcanism mean that all rocks grouped as Dokhan Volcanic Series may not be coeval.’
- ‘Carboniferous volcanism, occurring at converging plates margins, both at the Appalachian and at the Ouachita margins, was decidedly not tholeiitic.’
- ‘The radiometric age data combined with the petrography of the volcanics thus indicate two separate events of volcanism in the Danish North Sea.’
- ‘This appears to contradict evidence from other areas, particularly Wales where subduction-related volcanism occurs in the late Tremadoc.’
- ‘The onset of volcanism in the region occurred in late Ordovician times, with the earliest eruptions associated with the Eycott and Borrowdale volcanic groups.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.