One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Still, I was bothered by the voicelessness that I was experiencing.’
- ‘At the heart of the discursive storms around voice and voicelessness, therefore, are African women.’
- ‘Like many foreign supporters of Cuban socialism who visit Cuba today, he recognizes the frustration that many Cubans feel over their voicelessness in a system that seems to respond to its people less and less.’
- ‘Often the breeding ground is that of exclusion, of oppression, of poverty - a sense of voicelessness in the councils of the world and hopelessness for the future, fanned and exploited by the wilful misuse of religious faith and fervour.’
- ‘The difference between voice and voicelessness can be checked by holding the larynx and saying zzzz and ssss in alternation, feeling vibration then lack of vibration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.