One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A channel with a bandwidth sufficiently great to accommodate speech.
- ‘The sensor consists of a silicon photodiode, with a pre-amp that gives enough signal for the voice channel of a small radio transmitter.’
- ‘It uses the 2.4 GHz spectrum to communicate a 1-megabit connection between two devices for both a voice channel and data channel.’
- ‘Even though data usually move in brief bursts, current technology requires that an entire voice channel be devoted full-time to each data call.’
- ‘The radios automatically switch the callers to a working voice channel once a call is answered.’
- ‘Each frequency can handle eight channels either eight separate voice channels or slots, or combine them for greater data speeds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.