One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A channel with a bandwidth sufficiently great to accommodate speech.
- ‘The sensor consists of a silicon photodiode, with a pre-amp that gives enough signal for the voice channel of a small radio transmitter.’
- ‘The radios automatically switch the callers to a working voice channel once a call is answered.’
- ‘It uses the 2.4 GHz spectrum to communicate a 1-megabit connection between two devices for both a voice channel and data channel.’
- ‘Each frequency can handle eight channels either eight separate voice channels or slots, or combine them for greater data speeds.’
- ‘Even though data usually move in brief bursts, current technology requires that an entire voice channel be devoted full-time to each data call.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.