One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A musical score showing the voice parts in full, but with the accompaniment reduced or omitted.
- ‘I have the vocal scores and CDs to all musicals possible, plus sheet music and backing tracks.’
- ‘The original full score to the opera has disappeared and Bizet's own published vocal score has been largely ignored.’
- ‘Similarly, I imagine Stanford's generation teaching themselves a new kind of musical prose by pounding through the vocal scores of Wagner's operas.’
- ‘But several other instrumental and vocal scores serve to confirm the richness of Maw's musical language and the resourcefulness with which he adapts traditional formal structures.’
- ‘For example, in a vocal score, the soprano might be played first and then the bass added on the second reading.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.