One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘One senses the strain by which the vivisectionist is exaggerated almost to the point of caricature.’
- ‘Our English vivisectionists study in the schools of the Continent, and in several cases have brought over foreigners to be their assistants at home.’
- ‘Many writers have already discussed vivisection in great depth, but I hope I can give you another angle - that of a vivisectionist.’
- ‘Apparently pitched into a renegade research institute where vivisectionists are investigating what makes man tick, the audience are never sure whether they are visitors or subjects as they are herded about in darkness.’
- ‘And in the half of him that consented lurked the vivisectionist that is in all of us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.