One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘And in the half of him that consented lurked the vivisectionist that is in all of us.’
- ‘Our English vivisectionists study in the schools of the Continent, and in several cases have brought over foreigners to be their assistants at home.’
- ‘One senses the strain by which the vivisectionist is exaggerated almost to the point of caricature.’
- ‘Apparently pitched into a renegade research institute where vivisectionists are investigating what makes man tick, the audience are never sure whether they are visitors or subjects as they are herded about in darkness.’
- ‘Many writers have already discussed vivisection in great depth, but I hope I can give you another angle - that of a vivisectionist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.