One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially in a woman) the quality of being attractively lively and animated.‘he was struck by her vivacity, humor and charm’
liveliness, animation, effervescence, ebullience, sparkle, scintillation, spirit, spiritedness, high-spiritedness, high spirits, sprightliness, jauntiness, light-heartedness, gaiety, merriment, jollity, happiness, cheerfulness, perkiness, breeziness, brightness, enthusiasm, irrepressibility, vibrancy, vividness, vitality, life, verve, zeal, gusto, relish, zest, energy, dynamism, spark, fire, fieriness, vigour, vim, brio, dashView synonyms
- ‘If they were going to fail, they were going to fail on his terms: spectacularly, brilliantly, with flair and vivacity.’
- ‘More verve and vivacity, but this time with a Victorian backdrop.’
- ‘She lacks the enthusiasm and vivacity I'm so used to seeing.’
- ‘His eyes were a deep chocolate brown and sparkled to with vivacity and arrogance.’
- ‘The large number of votes that the dolphin received shows that we as humans appreciate grace, beauty and vivacity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.