Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The transparent jellylike tissue filling the eyeball behind the lens.Compare with aqueous humor
- ‘The cornea, the pupillary opening within the iris, the lens, and the aqueous and vitreous humor combine to form the refractive media of the eye.’
- ‘Light that has been focused through the cornea and aqueous humor hits the lens, which then focuses it further, sending the light rays through the vitreous humor and onto the retina.’
- ‘The vitreous humor is between the back of the lens and the retina.’
- ‘The part of the eyeball behind the lens is filled with a jelly called vitreous humour.’
- ‘The serous fluid content of the anterior chamber is called the aqueous humor, and the thicker, viscous fluid within the posterior chamber is the vitreous humor.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.