One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The surgical operation of removing the vitreous humor from the eyeball.
- ‘Endophthalmitis is an acute emergency necessitating an urgent referral for intraocular injection of antibiotics, occasionally combined with vitrectomy surgery.’
- ‘Currently, laser surgery and a procedure called a vitrectomy are highly effective in treating diabetic retinopathy.’
- ‘A vitrectomy may be done to remove the shrunken vitreous gel that is pulling on the retina.’
- ‘Tractional retinal detachment can be managed by vitrectomy.’
- ‘Within two years of retinal surgery and vitrectomy, patients develop cataracts at a rate approaching 100%.’
- ‘During a vitrectomy, the doctor makes a tiny incision in the sclera (white of the eye).’
- ‘Instead of laser surgery, some patients may require an eye operation called a vitrectomy to restore some mobile vision.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.