One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The surgical operation of removing the vitreous humor from the eyeball.
- ‘Tractional retinal detachment can be managed by vitrectomy.’
- ‘A vitrectomy may be done to remove the shrunken vitreous gel that is pulling on the retina.’
- ‘Currently, laser surgery and a procedure called a vitrectomy are highly effective in treating diabetic retinopathy.’
- ‘During a vitrectomy, the doctor makes a tiny incision in the sclera (white of the eye).’
- ‘Within two years of retinal surgery and vitrectomy, patients develop cataracts at a rate approaching 100%.’
- ‘Instead of laser surgery, some patients may require an eye operation called a vitrectomy to restore some mobile vision.’
- ‘Endophthalmitis is an acute emergency necessitating an urgent referral for intraocular injection of antibiotics, occasionally combined with vitrectomy surgery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.