One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is grown in every wine region, bending as much to the wills of the viticulturists and wine-makers as to the influence of climate and terroir.’
- ‘A fickle grape, it can disappoint the best viticulturists and wine makers, but - teeth gritted - they try again and again, blaming the wrong vineyard site, the wrong clone, wrong trellising, and so on.’
- ‘Furthermore, the lack of available water resources in some areas is leading to a significant pressure on viticulturists to bring about improvements in the efficiency of water use as traditional irrigation practices are unsustainable.’
- ‘To do this he went to France and recruited the best viticulturists, winemakers and architects for his new project.’
- ‘The viticulturist will assure you that this soil is only suitable for Chardonnay, that that soil, elevation and meso-climate will only favour Pinot Noir, and that that one is specific to Syrah, and so on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.