1another term for chaste tree
2A medicinal preparation extracted from the berries of the chaste tree, used to treat gynecological conditions.
- ‘Like estrogen, this ‘female hormone’ is also present in males; during sleep your prolactin levels rise sharply, and taking a supplement with vitex can help keep your natural testosterone levels up.’
- ‘I removed the lower limbs on our 15-foot vitex to maintain a vase-shaped, shade-tree form with five trunks.’
- ‘Chaste tree berry, also known as vitex, is sometimes given to alleviate vaginal dryness and moodiness associated with menopause.’
- ‘I have a large vitex that grows rapidly in spring and produces many blooms.’
- ‘He has found success, however, with a supplement containing black cohosh and vitex, also known as chaste tree berry.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.