Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for tocopherol
- ‘While vitamin E seems promising, definite guidelines for its use await the results of other trials.’
- ‘As vitamin E is important for healthy hair growth, eat green leafy vegetables, nuts, avocados, etc on a regular basis.’
- ‘Sunflower seeds are a good source of protein, fiber, vitamin E, zinc, and iron.’
- ‘Vitamin C is also important for its ability to recycle vitamin E after the latter neutralizes a free radical.’
- ‘Until we know more, don't take a high-dose vitamin E supplement to prevent or curb colds.’
- ‘Because vitamin E can thin the blood, high doses might increase the risk of abnormal bleeding.’
- ‘The vitamin E requirement has long been known to increase with increased intakes of unsaturated fats.’
- ‘High vitamin E intake from food was not associated with significant cardiac risk reduction.’
- ‘Rubbing vitamin E oil onto a scar can help speed up the healing process (to do this, break open a standard soft capsule).’
- ‘Simply prick a vitamin E capsule with a sterile needle and squeeze the oil onto your cut at least three times a day.’
- ‘Below, we help you decide if vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta carotene are right for you.’
- ‘Most fish oil preparations contain small amounts of vitamin E, which may help minimize oxidation.’
- ‘Supplementing vitamin E at greater than recommended levels has improved health in feedlot cattle.’
- ‘For extra conditioning, squeeze in the contents of a vitamin E capsule.’
- ‘The major function of vitamin E is to act as a natural antioxidant by scavenging free radicals and molecular oxygen.’
- ‘The vitamin E in nuts helps prevent oxidation of cholesterol, which leads to fatty buildup in the arteries.’
- ‘You'll have to read the label on the vitamin E supplement you buy to ensure that it is from a natural source.’
- ‘Deciphering the different forms of vitamin E often requires advanced biochemistry.’
- ‘They contain a wide range of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, B vitamins and fiber.’
- ‘Oats are rich in vitamin E, some B vitamins and minerals.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.