One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘However, as with all such models, danger lurks in vitalist assumptions that lead in turn to technological and social determinism.’
- ‘According to vitalists, life, which in the material world is manifested as a physical process, emerges as a result of an immaterial impulse.’
- ‘At the same time, this purely materialistic explanation elucidates many of the phenomena which the vitalists had claimed could not be explained chemically or physically.’
- ‘The author sees homeopathic medicine as a prime area of vitalist principles.’
- ‘However, energy theorists and other vitalists are no closer to uncovering the truth behind our existence than the rest of us.’
- ‘This is not surprising, since he was a vitalist - one who adheres to a doctrine that puts life in the forefront and rejects the Cartesian dichotomy between body and mind.’
- ‘Contrary to what your consult implies in his response, I am not a vitalist, a reductionist, or a physicalist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.